When I was a little girl, my Mom bought me a book of Fairy Tales. I was always in awe of Cinderella’s beauty, Snow White’s perseverance but I clearly remember Rapunzel’s golden hair! I saw ‘Tangled’ and really liked it. The movie brought back old memories of the paper back fairy tale and added life to my book. You’d say that it’s a regular ’princess-waiting-for-her-prince-charming’ movie, but it’s really well done. Walt Disney managed to do a great job.
Here is a snapshot of why I liked the movie.
- The animation was excellent.
- Rapunzel has really long hair and in a few shots I could see her hair move so beautifully! She uses her hair to hold things, climb, run, fly, rescue and she does this artfully!
- Flynn Rider does the narrative and his crude sense of humor makes me laugh. He is funny and handsome.
- Maximus the horse was amazing! His expressions made me laugh, laugh, and laugh. Pasquel, Rapunzel’s little chameleon was also very cute.
- The songs were nice and I am not a big ‘musical’ fan. Full marks to Alan Menken and his team.
- I think the best scene of the movie was when thousands of lanterns flew in the sky. It was magical!
- There’s action, drama, and romance and everything’s done in a sophisticated way.
If you have not seen it I highly recommend it. It’s a family movie-great for kids and adults alike. Now I have to tell my Mom how much I enjoyed the movie..:-)
My rating : 8.5/10
Available on Netflix instant watch.